Saturday, 30 April 2016

My Go To Breakfast: Smoothie Bowl

Since becoming a vegetarian I've been spending a lot of time searching Pinterest for healthier food options. Something I've been meaning to make for a while is a smoothie bowl, and once I made it for the first time I was hooked. It's such an easy way to get your fruit and veg in before 10 o'clock, and it tastes so goooood. Am I the only one who feels like a total goddess whenever I eat something healthy?

To make the smoothie you can add anything you like, this is what I use:

  • Half an avocado
  • 1 Kiwi
  • A handful of spinach 
  • Half a banana 
I then blend it all together with a tiny amount of water, just to make it easier to blend, whilst keeping the smoothie thick enough. (If it isn't a thick smoothie it's quite difficult to eat) I then pour it into a bowl and add my toppings. Here are some topping suggestions:
  • Granola 
  • Strawberries 
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Banana
  • Chia Seeds
  • Yogurt
  • Mango
  • Coconut
I topped mine with granola, strawberries, raspberries, banana and chia seeds. It tasted amazing, and was surprisingly very filling! I hope you give this a go, enjoy!












 megandotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment